Skip to content City of Toronto
Business Registration:     
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Central Production and Verifications Branch
375-393 University Avenue, 2nd Floor
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the employer has a clear responsibility to provide training to his/her workers on the safe use of chemicals. Visit  for more information. 
See Health Canada,  See Occupational Health and Safety Act, R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 860 Amended to O. Reg. 36/93
You may require permits or may need to meet environmental requirements that are subject to environmental regulations. More information at   the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, Tel: 416-325-4000,
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST):
Canada Revenue Agency
Registration for HST is optional if you are earning less than $30,000 of sales revenues for the year.  You may not charge HST to clients unless you are registered with Canada Revenue Agency.
Note: Because of the nature of this business – working on other people’s property and in their homes, it would be wise to consider some liability insurance and have any employees bonded.
*Municipal Operating License:
Municipal Licensing & Standards Division   
850 Coxwell Avenue, 3rd floor
*In Toronto, a person who cleans/restores the exterior of buildings/structures using pressurized air, water, steam, sand or other abrasives is required to obtain a licence.
Zoning Requirements and Sign Permits for your location:                              
(All inquiries are made in person - contact closest district)
North:  5100 Yonge St., 1st Fl.
West:   2 Civic Centre Court, 1st Fl.
South:  100 Queen St. W., 1st Fl.
East:    150 Borough Dr., 3rd Fl.
ChemTRAC (Chemicals in Toronto) Reduction and Awareness in our Community. The City of Toronto bylaw requires facilities and businesses to track and report toxic chemicals.

seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found