Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Central Production and Verifications Branch
375-393 University Avenue, 2nd Floor
Business needs to have an Environmental Assessment from the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change if animals are on the premises. Environmental Assessment Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter E.18, https://www.ontario.ca/business/laws/statute/90e18. Contact the Ministry of the Environment and Climate, 416-325-4000.
Acts to be informed of:
- Ontario Society of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter 0.36, https://www.ontario.ca/business/laws/statute/90o36
- Pounds Act, R.S.O., 1990, Chapter P.17, https://www.ontario.ca/business/laws/statute/90p17
- To view details about potential Registered Animal Groomers Act, please visit: http://napgs.com/registered-animal-groomer-act-petition-to-the-legislative-assemby-of-ontario/
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST):
Canada Revenue Agency
Registration for HST is optional if you are earning less than $30,000 of sales revenues for the year. You may not charge HST to clients unless you are registered with Canada Revenue Agency.
Municipal Operating License:
Not required for this business
Zoning Requirements and Sign Permits for your location:
(All inquiries are made in person - contact closest district)
North: 5100 Yonge St., 1st Fl.
West: 2 Civic Centre Court, 1st Fl.
South: 100 Queen St. W., 1st Fl.
East: 150 Borough Dr., 3rd Fl.
Chemtrac (Chemicals in Toronto) Reduction and Awareness in our Community. The City of Toronto bylaw requires facilities and businesses to track and report toxic chemicals. http://www.toronto.ca/chemtrac/
- Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council of Canada, (PIJAC Canada), www.pijaccanada.com
- National Agency of Pet Grooming Schools, www.napgs.com
- National Association of Pet Sitters, www.petsitters.org
- Canada Business Ontario, http://www.cbo-eco.ca/en/index.cfm/starting/how-to-start-a/how-to-start-a-pet-care-business-in-ontario/