Skip to content City of Toronto
Business Registration:       
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Central Production and Verifications Branch
375-393 University Avenue, 2nd Floor
Liquor License:
Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
Smart Serve Training Ontario Program
(Mandatory for Liquor Licence holder, managers, a servers of beverage alcohol and security staff).  They must all hold a Smart Serve certificate. 
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST):
Canada Revenue Agency
Registration for HST is optional if you are earning less than $30,000 of sales revenues for the year.  You may not charge HST to clients unless you are registered with Canada Revenue Agency.                                                                                                              
Musical Performance Rights Licenses:
Businesses that have performances, authorize performances or communicate music to the public require a SOCAN license.
Municipal Operating License:

Municipal Licensing & Standards Division      
850 Coxwell Avenue, 3rd floor

(Adult Entertainment Dancers)
An Adult Entertainment Club Entertainer (dancer) that performs at adult entertainment clubs must obtain a licence.  See for more information on Licensing, 
Zoning Requirements and Sign Permits for your location:                              
(All inquiries are made in person - contact closest district)
North:  5100 Yonge St., 1st Fl.
West:   2 Civic Centre Court, 1st Fl.
South:  100 Queen St. W., 1st Fl.
East:    150 Borough Dr., 3rd Fl.
Toronto City Council enacted a by-law to create a new category of license and a new Article in Chapter 545, of the Municipal Code for Entertainment Establishments / Nightclubs. 
Please see for the list of requirements and a copy of the provisions for this new category.​
Note: As of July 14, 2012, businesses in Canada giving employment to foreign strippers and escorts won’t be given temporary Canada work permits for bringing in temporary foreign workers. The Government of Canada no longer allows foreign workers to seek employment in the Adult Entertainment Industry or any "sex-related business", which includes strip clubs, escort services and massage parlors. They will also no longer process applications for the renewal of work permits for foreign strippers and sex-trade workers. 
Note Licenses Required: License required for facilities, i.e., building codes, health, fire, safety, etc. also each attendant (dancer) must be licensed as well.
Toronto Public Health: Food handler certification is required for one supervisor per shift in the food and beverage industry with a backup person with training in their absence.
Food Handler Certification 

Food Premises Inspection
ChemTRAC (Chemicals in Toronto) Reduction and Awareness in our Community. The City of Toronto bylaw requires facilities and businesses to track and report toxic chemicals.

seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found