Skip to content City of Toronto
Business Registration:       
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Central Production and Verifications Branch
375-393 University Avenue, 2nd Floor
Licensing is not required for a business running for profit.
*CVOR certificate and registration:
Carrier Sanctions and Investigations Office
Ministry of Transportation (MTO)
*Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration (CVOR) System is used to improve safety on Ontario highways, promoting dependable competitive transportation of goods and people; developing compliance for safety and protecting highway infrastructure; promoting efficient movement of goods and people.
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST):
Canada Revenue Agency
Registration for HST is optional if you are earning less than $30,000 of sales revenues for the year.  You may not charge HST to clients unless you are registered with Canada Revenue Agency.
Please refer to the following acts/regulations: MUNICIPAL
Municipal Operating License:
Municipal Licensing & Standards Division
(License required for kitchen)
 850 Coxwell Avenue, 3rd floor

Also speak to Municipal Licensing regarding using your vehicle for picking up & dropping off clients to see if you need a license.  Licenses are required for both drivers and owners. Must have class “G” driver’s license to apply for license to transport clients.
Zoning Requirements and Sign Permits for your location:                              
(All inquiries are made in person - contact closest district)
North:  5100 Yonge St., 1st Fl.
West:   2 Civic Centre Court, 1st Fl.
South:  100 Queen St. W., 1st Fl.
East:    150 Borough Dr., 3rd Fl.
Toronto Public Health: Food handler certification is required for one supervisor per shift in the food and beverage industry with a backup person with training in their absence.
Food Handler Certification 

Food Premises Inspection  
ChemTRAC (Chemicals in Toronto) Reduction and Awareness in our Community. The City of Toronto bylaw requires facilities and businesses to track and report toxic chemicals.         
It's advisable to have a fire inspection done for the building that you are running the business in. Ensure that you have proper exits etc.
-   Ontario Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care,
-   Ontario Nurses Association,
-   Canada Business Ontario Guides,
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found