Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Central Production and Verifications Branch
375-393 University Avenue, 2nd floor
Note: Accountants are so designated by either the Certified General Accountants of Ontario, the Society of Management Accountants of Ontario or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario. Public Accountants require licenses to practice as per the Public Accounting Act, 2004. Please see https://www.ontario.ca/business/laws/statute/04p08 for more details.
In Ontario, only lawyers, chartered accountants and certified general accountants may form a Limited Liability Partnership.
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST):
Canada Revenue Agency
Registration for HST is optional if you are earning less than $30,000 of sales revenues for the year. You may not charge HST to clients unless you are registered with Canada Revenue Agency.
* Regulatory Requirements:
Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis of Canada
*Accountants and accounting firms have the following specific regulatory requirements under the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) And Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) when they engage in any of the following activities on behalf of any person or entity:
- Receiving or paying funds
- Purchasing or selling securities; real estate; business assets or entities, or Transferring funds or securities by any means
Municipal Operating License:
Not required for this business
Zoning Requirements and Sign Permits for your location:
(All inquiries are made in person - contact closest district)
North: 5100 Yonge St., 1st Fl.
West: 2 Civic Centre Court, 1st Fl.
South: 100 Queen St. W., 1st Fl.
East: 150 Borough Dr., 3rd Fl.
- CGA – Certified General Accountants – Ontario, http://www.cga-ontario.org/
- Certified Management Accountants of Ontario, http://www.cma-ontario.org/
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, http://www.cpaontario.ca/
- The Public Accountants Council for the Province of Ontario, http://www.pacont.org/
- Canada Business Ontario, http://www.cbo-eco.ca/